“A glass of juice helps keep the cold away’, that was the long time phrase i remembered before heading to the market to get myself some fresh oranges. I’d been having this horrible catarrh which resulted in an even more horrible headache all day. I would have popped some catarrh pills but i really can’t stand the site and taste of drugs. Even the slimy drool wouldn’t make me slip some pills for immediate relief. The glass of juice did the magic by stopping the catarrh….Thank goodness. This is because, Oranges are rich in Vitamins C, A & B-complex vitamins( pyridoxine, thiamin, and folates), Magnesium, Calcium, Antioxidants, Dietary fiber, Flavonoids (Hesperetin, naringin, and naringenin), Potassium etc. Check out some of the health benefits below.
Freshly squeezed orange juice
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Makes: 1 glass
Some of the health benefits of oranges:
• It helps relieve constipation thanks to the fiber content which aids bowel movement
• It helps prevent cancers such as:Liver skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon.
• It helps reduce the risk of kidney diseases such as kidney stones
• It helps regulate high blood pressure
• It protects against heart diseases
• It helps fight against Viral infections due to the abundance of polyphenols
• It aids good vision thanks to the carotenoid compounds which are converted to vitamin A.
• It protects against skin diseases
Got more health benefits and uses of oranges? Please feel free to share