What are the Ingredients Used in making jambalaya
What is the difference between Cajun and Creole seasoning?
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 500g chicken breast, boneless
- 300g chicken sausage, thinly sliced into rounds
- 300g prawn
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 5 medium-sized chilli peppers
- 2 green bell peppers (you can also use a mixture of red, yellow e.t.c)
- handful celery, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion
- a bunch spring onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons creole or cajun seasoning
- Sprinkle some salt over the deveined prawns and mix. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the minced garlic. Gently add the salted prawns and leave to sauté for 2-3 minutes on both sides before removing from the pan.
- Add the chicken and sausage, then leave to sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and gives off its juice while the sausage is lightly browned. Transfer onto a clean plate and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil into the pot then add the chopped onion. Fry till translucent for 2 minutes then add the ground tomato and pepper paste. Leave to fry for 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock, Creole or Cajun seasoning, bay leaf (if using any), and stir to combine. Add the washed rice into the pot and spread it within. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium-low then leave to cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the liquid in the pot is almost dried up.
- Add the bell peppers, celery, spring onion, cooked chicken and sausage. Stir to combine, then add the prawns and sprinkle with extra celery.
- Cover the pot, reduce the burner to the lowest and leave to steam cook for 5 minutes before turning off the burner. Discard the bay leaf and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 944 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 39g Cholesterol: 225mg Sodium: 2083mg Carbohydrates: 68g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 58g
Step By Step Directions:::
Cover the pot, reduce the burner to the lowest and leave to steam cook for 5 minutes before turning off the burner. Discard the bay leaf and your jambalaya rice is ready.